A Brazen Life blog posted yesterday on Business Insider website cites 4 ways in which ingratitude can hurt your job search. While this is written chiefly for young professionals, we can all learn from this. The reasons cited include:
- You think you deserve any or all the positions you apply for
- You don’t say “thank you” enough…or at all!
- You don’t network properly
- Your attitude suffers to where your potential employers notice
It all comes back to one simple principle: practice an attitude of gratitude!
Whether you are interviewing with a potential employer or expanding your network, never allow yourself to narrow your focus to just you. Every person you talk to could be the lead to your next job. Don’t burn your bridges.
- Gratitude Attitude Doorway (junglecuentista.wordpress.com)
- Giving Thanks in a Job Search (thehighcalling.org)